Sreekumar Bhaskaran {msbad084} wrote:
When I compile a lyx file to pdf in 1.4.1, it just creates the document
in the directory in which the lyx file is, but does not open it. I
remember, in 1.3.7, it used to be created in a temporary directory and
would also open simultaneously. I am using acrobat professional 6.0.

You're mixing apples and oranges. The PDF file is created in the same directory as the LyX file if you choose File->Export, in which case the file quite properly is *not* opened in Acrobat. To view the document in Acrobat, you need to choose View->PDF (...).

The LyX 1.4.x installer does not automatically set up your PDF viewer. Please see http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinTips#pdfview for one option to set up the viewer and my response to Matthias Schmidt (message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in this list) for another.

Cheers,
/Paul