Prof. S.D. Joglekar wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam, I have installed LyX 1.4.1 for windows. I happened to change the user interface to one other than the default. (I believe stdtoolbar). I do not now find any way of getting back the menus and the toolbars, nor of changing back to the default interface. I tried clicking, double-clicking, right-clicking variously. Reloading lyx twice also has not helped. Please help. Yours Sincerely,
  SD J0GALEKAR

Track down your preferences file (should be something like "C:\Documents and Settings\<your id here>\Application Data\LyX1.4.x\preferences". Open it with a text editor (e.g. notepad), find the line

\ui_file "stdtoolbar"

and change it to

\ui_file "default"

then save and start LyX.