Tom Tom wrote:
Hi all,

I have to write a cv, so i went wanted to install the
europecv-class.

I unpacked it in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/

then ran texhash

and then lyx reconfigure.

But still I am not able to select this class in lyx...

Am I missing something?

Thx all
L.

LyX needs a layout file in order to handle a class. (The layout file determines how LyX displays docs in that class, what environments exist, etc.) Unless someone has a layout file for your new class, you'll need to create one yourself. There's some info on how to do it in the documentation, and you might also have a look at http://wiki.lyx.org/Layouts/Layouts.

/Paul