Eric Zollars wrote:

Hello, trying to include a pdf file in my LyX document.
This is Lyx 1.3.7-3 on Windows.

I have in my preamble:
\usepackage{pdfpages}

Then in the document ERT:
\includepdf{testfile.pdf}

When I export to pdflatex, a pdf is created but it does not have the included file.

Interesting. I need to put an absolute path in the ERT (for instance, \includepdf{/temp/testfile.pdf}) in order to get View->PDF (pdflatex) or File->Export->PDF (pdflatex) to work at all; otherwise I get a latex error (can't find the included file), even if the included file sits in the same directory as the LyX document. On the other hand, if I export to LaTeX and compile outside LyX, it works without the path.

Any advice or working lyx files would be greatly appreciated.

1. Take a look at the log file (View->LaTeX Log file) and see if anything informative shows up.

2. Export to LaTeX, run pdflatex from a command prompt, and see if you get a valid result.

3. (Long shot) make sure that there is not a file with the right name but zero byte length sitting around where pdflatex might grab it.

/Paul

Paul.
Thank you for the information, both points 1 and 2 were helpful in tracking down the issue.
1. The log file suggests that LyX cannot find the file.
2. Running pdflatex from the MSYS window on the exported .tex file does work. So I have a solution.

Thanks again.
Eric

Cool. That sounds like the same problem (though not precisely the same symptoms) that I saw. You might try putting a full path to the PDF file in the \includepdf command, and see if that works. Meanwhile, I'll post this to bugzilla so the developers are aware of it.

/Paul