[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Then deinstall Lyx and reinstall it with the installer I mentioned above
and have a look if this helps.

regared Uwe

I tried the installer you suggested with no success. Are there any tricks I can
configure with the Q../Free framework? As I believe that is responsible for the
drawing of the menu toolbar.

Eric

There's a utility called qtconfig that hypothetically can be used to change the font choice, but I'm not sure where you can get a Windows binary for it (it's not included with LyX). You might have to compile it yourself.

I'm not at all sure, but it looks as though on my system the default choice for the menu bar font might be Tahoma. It might perhaps be worth checking (through the Control Panel->Fonts applet) whether you have Tahoma installed (you should, it's a standard Windows font) and whether it looks like it should (faint chance that the font file was overwritten or corrupted). I'm not positive, but I think that if Qt can't find the default choice for the font it needs, it wanders off and grabs some other font, quite possibly the first one that can't outrun it.

/Paul