Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:

Now I'm able to open document in LyX. However I can't see it as DVI, it
complains about

 \confidential
                  {} \docstatus{} \docversion{1.0}
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

The file originally sent to you was a LaTeX (.tex) file, right? Can you compile it successfully by running latex against it in a command shell, or do you get the same error message?

/Paul