wow.

perhaps lyx for windows have overtaken lyx for *nix?

martin

On 5/21/06, Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas K. schrieb:

> But it would be interesting to see the download statistics for the
different
> versions of LyX from ftp.lyx.org and the mirrors, especially the
distribution
> of downloads for Windows, Mac and Linux.

The last stable LyX 1.3.7 Windows installer was downloaded about 5000
times within two weeks, the first version with LyX 1.4.1 over 1000
times. You can see the download statistics when you go to the download
section of
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/lyxwininstall
Additionally the installer is at ftp.lyx.org and used internally at
university networks, so I assume that there are more than 10000 users of
LyX for Windows.

regards Uwe