Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
Hello!

For some reason when generating PDF files from LyX, fonts used in these files
looks weird under windows. To fix that, I need to export file to TeX, and then
remove

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

After that pdflatex does its job fine and PDF file looks great. Is there any
way to fix that within LyX itself to avoid intermediate step of creation a TeX
document and then converting it to PDF with pdflatex?

First off, are you using PDF-friendly fonts? For instance, ae and pslatex tend to display well in PDFs (without any fiddling with the encoding), whereas default fonts frequently look bad (I think they get mapped to bitmaps that don't scale well). The lmodern fonts (if I got the name right) also apparently work well with PDFs, but require some latex code to use.

/Paul