Kevin Middleton wrote:

Is there a way to tell LyX to use the color package with the [usenames] option? I would like to be able to use a command like

\definecolor{myblue}{named}{Cerulean}

in the preamble (to change link colors in hyperref). But LyX appears to load color with no options by default. The {named} does not work.

Putting \usepackage[usenames]{color} in the preamble works with \definecolor{newname}{named}. But then I can't seem to use the LyX text style palette to change colors for other text. I get an error that the package has already been loaded. Color works within ERT, but I would prefer the ease of the text style palette.

In effect, I would like to be able to use both text style and \definecolor.

I'm using LyX 1.4.1 on OSX 10.4.6.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kevin

Try putting usenames in Document->Settings...->Document Class->Options and \definecolor commands in the preamble. Works for me.

/Paul