Kevin Middleton wrote:
In LyX 1.4.1 on OSX, how can I switch the Cmd-t PDF generation keyboard shortcut from ps2pdf to pdflatex? I think I just want to set pdflatex as my default LyX -> PDF conversion. I can't figure this out in Preferences.

Apologies for posting two basic questions on the same day. I reinstalled 1.4.1 today trying to get instant preview to work correctly (it now does, but the pdf generation shortcut switched to ps2pdf, which does not work with my pdf figures).

Disclaimer: Not a Mac user, so there's an element of guesswork here.

1. Check Tools->Preferences...->Look and feel->User interface->Bind file to find out what binding file you're using. I think it's mac.bind, but better safe than sorry.

2. Copy mac.bind (or whatever your binding file is) from the bind folder under the LyX installation directory to the bind file under your home directory.

3.  Open the copy in whatever text editor you use and look for the line

\bind "C-t"   "buffer-view pdf"

4. Back in LyX (you didn't close it, did you?), check Tools->Preferences...->File formats->PDF (pdflatex) to find the entry in the Format field (probably pdf2, but better to be safe and check).

5.  Edit the C-t binding line to read

\bind "C-t"   "buffer-view pdf2"

(or whatever the code is for the pdflatex-generated format). Save the modified binding file.

6. Change Tools->Preferences...->Look and feel->User interface->Bind file to point to the modified binding file, save, restart LyX, see if it works.

/Paul