Paul Johnson wrote:
Using Lyx-1.4.1 on Fedora Core Linux 5, we ran into a problem.

We do statistical analysis in Emacs (via R) and the results appear in
LaTeX markup in the Emacs buffer.  WHen we cut and paste with the
mouse (highlight left button, paste with middle mouse button) into the
LyX ERT, the pasted material is smashed into a single long line, the
paragraph returns are lost.  The LyX document will still compile &
view, but the ERT text is just about impossible to read.

If we save the same Emacs information into a text file, and then do
Insert->file->text as lines, then it preserves the carriage returns.
But it is inconvenient.

So that makes me think LyX needs a "paste special" or something to
allow pasters like us to get our work done more nicely.

Edit->Paste External Selection->Selection as Lines doesn't do the job? It's bound to C-A-V in cua.bind, but if that's inconvenient or it's not bound in the binding file you use, you could always add a binding for it.

/Paul