Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:

As 1.3.7 installed fine, I use the following workaround:
 - copy 1.3.7 lyxrc.default to 1.4.1 system tree (in C:\Program
Files\LyX141\Resources)
 - run sh configure from there in a Msys window.
I guess Uwe will investigate, anyway it seems that the lyxrc.default file disappears
completely in 1.4.2.

HTH

I installed 1.4.2. It took quite awhile to compile TeX Information.
Later I uninstalled 1.4.2 using the uninstaller and then reinstalled
to a different directory (not the default as in the first case).

When I reinstalled LyX and ran TeX Information the second time, the information appeared immediately. Which seems to mean that the lyxrc type of content is being stored somewhere under a different filename.

Stephen