Matthias Schmidt wrote:
Hello,

I`m starting to work with Lyx again with Lyx 1.4.1 (windows
installer, german).

I cannot view the tutorial als a PDF-file: I get the information:
"Keine Information vorhanden, um Dateien im xpm-Format nach png zu
konvertieren. Definieren Sie einen Konverter in den Einstellungen."

What kind of konverter is this? What do I have to do?

This is confusing: the message refers to needing a mechanism for converting XPM graphics images to PNG format. What is confusing is that (a) the LyX tutorial has no images and (b) the default conversion script should in any case be able to handle the conversion.

Do you have ImageMagick installed, and if so, what version? (LyX should default to using ImageMagick's convert utility to convert XPM to PNG.)

/Paul