On Friday 09 June 2006 07:52 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, David Neeley wrote:
> > I've noticed with other wikis that it takes a considerable effort before
> > the average user is "sold" on the concept, enough to go through the
> > learning curve for the various tags. Unfortunately, IIRC wiki tags are
> > just enough different from HTML and other tagging taxonomies that it can
> > be confusing at first.
>
> Yes, the tags are certainly a part of the problem. Then I also think many
> people are simply reluctant to write something that'll end up being so
> visible. (Which is kind of strange since everything on this list is
> equally visible... OTOH, I was quite reluctant the first few messages I
> posted to this list).

In my case it's 100% the former. I have no problem with revealing my mistakes
worldwide, but don't have a lot of time to learn the ins and outs of Wikis.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm