On Wednesday 14 June 2006 18:47, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi Matej,
>
> Looks good from a casual read, and I'll try this, but your email brings up
> a much more serious topic -- *how the heck did you learn this???*
>
> I know you didn't learn it in Kopka and Daly's "Guide to LaTeX", because I
> read that book cover to cover and there were no more than a few sentences
> on the use of the \let TeX primative.

  I have learned this trick using "tips and tricks" from Herbert Voß:
http://tug.org/TeXnik/mainFAQ.cgi?file=titlepage/titlepage

  This is linked in LyX front page. :-)

  I have used this to redefine the titlepage to follow my University's
requirement.

> You've given me several suggestions like this, most of which are
> incorporated in the .layout files of my various books. Could you please
> tell me (and everyone else on this list) where you learned this, and how,
> and a little about your mental state and process when you learned this.

  At least for me "LaTeX tips and tricks" is always a nice place to start. :-)

--
José Abílio