Hi all,

I downloaded and compiled 1.4.1, using Jean-Marc Lasgouttes suggestion of

./configure --with-version-suffix=-1.4qt --with-frontend=qt

This is ultra cool because everything the make install does has 1.4qt in it,
so I can keep my 1.3.5 as lyx, use 1.4qt as lyx-1.4qt, and if I want, compile
an xforms version as lyx-1.4xforms. Too kewl!  The ./configure; make; make
install was easy with no errors.

However...

Then I copied one of my books to junk.lyx, did a tools->reconfigure (it's not
edit->reconfigure anymore), and got this error:

Using the default document class, because class bliving is unknown.

But in fact, I have a bliving.layout in the directory, and a symlink to it
from /home/slitt/.lyx/layouts/bliving.layout. I'm logged in as slitt.

So something's changed with layout files.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm