Hi Jean-Marc,

I just found a partial answer. I have to mark the area
where I am going to search for the string with the
mouse.
Just calling the funtion by CTRL+F (or edit  / find &
replace) isn't enough.

But do I have to mark the whole document everytime I
am looking for a string in the whole document? That
could be quite annoying if the document is huge.

thanks for your help,
- helmut

PS: attached an example with a small text. For example
looking for "testing"
----------
1. Introduction

Just for testing case.

----

--- Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> Helmut> When I use the find w/o replace function it
> doesn't work for
> Helmut> me.
>
> Helmut> I use Lyx 1.4.1 under Linux/Fedora. When I
> try to use the find
> Helmut> function it doesn't find the string at all
> (although I can see
> Helmut> it on screen) The shell output looks like:
> find called, cmd:
> Helmut> action: 253 arg: 'test 0 0 1' x: 0 y: 0
>
> Helmut> Any suggestions?
>
> Hello,
>
> Could you give a more precise description of what
> you do (with perhaps
> an example file)?
>
> JMarc

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de