Myriam Abramson wrote:
Hi!

I've installed LyX with the windows installer without problem and the
beamer presentation class appears in the menu. It seems however that
beamer.layout cannot be found. It can be found in the texmf
directories. How can I tell LyX where to find it? Where is the
.lyx/layouts directory on Windows?
TIA,

                                   myriam

The user layout directory is C:\Documents and Settings\<your id>\Application Data\LyX1.4.x\layouts\ (at least as of 1.4.1, haven't installed 1.4.2 yet). The system layout directory is <LyX installation root>\Resources\layouts. I prefer to use the user one, so that reinstallation doesn't make the file go away.

/Paul