[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

Paul A. Rubin wrote:
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/bstdatabase/index.php

Cheers,
Charles

Outstanding!  This obviates the need for a wiki page (although perhaps
someone should link this site on the wiki, since this could turn into a
FAQ).

Well, this page
http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Links

If this page points to the answer, what's the question... 42? ;-)

lists that link for ages.

Seriously though.. Paul, as you asked first, could you see if there are some words or description you think should be added to that sentence?
Maybe it's just a matter of giving the link a longer description.

/Christian

Ok, mea culpa, it didn't occur to me to look on the Wiki (since it was a BibTeX question, not a LyX question). That said, my approach to researching pretty much anything on the Wiki is to use the search facility. So for me the wording on the links page was sufficient. (It might not be a bad idea to organize the links into sections, even though there are not that many links, but I'll leave that to someone else.) What I did is edit Bibtex/PageList to indicate that the links section includes tips on styles. This is (the page list) the first page I would check after searching on "bibtex", and I would give "links" a low priority since they could be links to anything. Short of devoting a separate page to "how to pick a bibtex style", I think this is as much as we can do.

On the general question of making the wiki more transparent, I think it's in pretty good shape as it is. To me, the higher priority is to get people looking at the wiki in the first place, and secondarily to let them know that it includes more than just information about LyX. To that end, I wonder if (down the road) some enterprising developer might put a link to the wiki in the LyX help menu?

/Paul