Mukhtar Ullah wrote:
Paul wrote

No, that was Jean-Pierre.

I loaded your sample document here (LyX 1.4.2 on Windows XP), cropped the image enough to verify that it is cropped, and ran View->DVI. It worked correctly. I'm attaching the modified document (when I loaded it there was no cropping, so I made some changes) and a screen-shot of the resulting DVI. Try View->DVI on the modified document. If it's cropped, check the changes I made in the image dialog; if not, let us know, and we can try to track down whether your graphics conversions are set up incorrectly.

/Paul

PNG image