LB wrote:
Thank you Paul for all your help.

Adding path to GS in lyx.bat did not solved the problem.

I have this feeling that the problem is somehow related to the postscript commands inside the figure...

I don't know much about Postscript, but I looked in your test.ps file a few days ago and did not see anything that looked like it had the potential to conflict with anything in the environment.

When you added the GS path in lyx.bat, did you add the path to the lib directory as well as to the bin directory? The path to the bin directory would not seem to be an issue, since GS runs (enough to hang open, at any rate). I thought maybe if the lib directory were not on the path, GS might have trouble finding a library file. (Seems unlikely, but then the entire bug passed through 'unlikely' on its way to 'impossible' a while ago.)

I'm giving up and going back to use version 1.4.1.

Well, I can't say I blame you ... 1.4.1 worked pretty well for me. I just hope this problem does not recur when we get to 1.5 and there is some "must have" new feature.

I'm going to post this to the developer list, just in case someone recognizes what's going on.

/Paul