Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"John" == John Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

John> Hello, It is not uncommon in LaTeX to include optional arguments
John> to theorem-like environments, for example

John>    \begin{theorem}[Buchberger, 1965] ... \end{theorem}

This is something we should support natively indeed. The last time I
looked at it, it was a bit too complicated for my taste and I gave up :)
Hm. For each paragraph type, the .layout could specify whether an
"optional argument" is allowed.  And perhaps even "how many".
If so, one should be able to use
the optional argument inset currently only used for short titles.

Do this sound reasonable?

Helge Hafting