Georg Baum wrote:
Helge Hafting wrote:
I am not sure about how lyx handles graphichs included via
the graphichs inset, if that is what you use.  Perhaps someone
else can help with that.

It is hardcoded to png conversion for pdflatex, and yes, we need to change
that.

The external inset way works - in addition to converters, you
will need to modify the file "external_templates.  Feel free to ask
if you want some help with that. A nice thing about external
insets is that you also may specify an editor for your .agr files.
That way, you can click on your graphichs in lyx, and have lyx
launch the proper editing app.

That does also work with graphic insets.

Hm.  If graphichs insets are changed to convert to pdf
when needed, then there is less need for the external inset.
Anything that simply is converted to png/eps/pdf as needed
with no further latex support, won't need an external inset then.

Because the graphichs inset will have all support needed.

Lilypond shouldn't need an external inset then?
It is all about running a converter (the lilypond executable)
in order to get a .eps, a .png or a .pdf depending on
what you're doing. There is no xfig-like extra latex stuff.

Helge Hafting