Paul Smith wrote:

> On 2/18/07, Neal Becker
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I now understand that the problems I've been seeing with graphics have
>> nothing to do with the 1.4.4 update, it is because of a ghostscript
>> update, and ghostscript is crashing in epstopdf.
>>
>> I changed the eps->pdf to use ImageMagick's convert.  Now I have images,
>> but
>> they don't appear to be scaled correctly.  Where/how is the scaling
>> performed?
>
> ImageMagick is a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap
> images. Therefore, your images are converted to bitmaps and hence the
> quality of scaling is bad because your images are no longer vectorial.
> Perhaps, you should downgrade ghostscript, to use it instead of
> ImageMagick.
>
> Paul

Actually, it seems not that it's scaled badly, but that it isn't scaled at
all.  I set the scaling to 100% \text, which is what I always do.  The
xmgrace graphic is landscape (the default).  The lyx preview is fine, but
the pdf version has the graphic clipped.  I did not select clipping to the
bounding box (nor did I set a bounding box).