On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 07:33:20PM +0100, Tom Schlangen wrote:

Hi,

> >> do you expect V1.4.4 will make it into Etch? Current
> >> version there is 1.4.3-2
>
> > No, it will not, since etch is frozen.
>
> This only means we will have to find an urgend, critical error in V1.4.3 ;-)

Even in that case only the relevant changeset would be applied to 1.4.3.

> Packet fluctuation and updating going on in Etch still is massive,
> certainly more than a hundred packets a week.

Sure but it's only RC stuff and translation updates.
The only thing I'm aware of ATM, that might move in as a patch, is
(and some related bugs I need to merge). But even that would require that
we, as the package team and the release manager, decide that it is RC.

Anyway the discussion about Debian release problems is off topic here. If
you've some further questions feel free to move this thread over to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive