The default BibTeX handling of pure-URL references is pretty lame. The
only real solution I've found is to add my own format, or to modify an
existing one you're not otherwise using. (That way JabRef will still
handle the entry for you.) If you tell me what you want references of
this kind to look like, I can tell you what to put in your .bst file.

Richard