On 2/27/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, Paul and Julio. I am sending attached a LyX file with a
> solution. If someone thinks it can be improved, please do it and I
> will afterwards upload it into the LyX Wiki site.

Improved is in the eye of the beholder.  :-)

I'm attaching a modified version, where all the heavy lifting is done in
the preamble.  This eliminates the need to play extensively with ERT in
the body.  Three caveats apply:

1.  If you want to change how tertiary items display, another command
will be needed in the preamble (subitem -> subsubitem, enumii -> enumiii).

2.  What you see in the GUI will not necessarily match what you see in
the output, depending on how "artistic" you are in the preamble.

3.  The changes are global.  If you only want to change labeling for one
piece of the presentation, your solution (using ERT) is preferable.

I have just uploaded your example in the wiki page:

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Numbering#toc6

Paul