Bad thing most of us work in Windows. Hope someday PDF's can be
commented by default, or at least that you don't need Acrobat
Professional to make them able for comments.

On 5/10/07, Russell Davie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2007 08:24:34 +0200
"Julio Rojas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I'm really amazed of, is the quantity of technical and
> engineering congresses that "ask" the authors to submit their papers
> is Word format and don't have (and don't support) LaTeX styles.
>
> I'm doing some evangelism with my friends that are working on their
> PhD's to switch to LyX/LaTeX. They instantly love the typesetting, the
> styles and the formula typing. The problem is not only congresses
> their making articles for, but their own tutors don't work and never
> have worked with LaTeX. That by itself, stop them in their effort. If
> at least LyX/LaTeX generated PDF's could be commented by default (or
> using a switch), their switch would be smoother.

I proof read and commented a friend's thesis that they wrote in latex and which
was sent to me as pdf or ps.
This used flpsed which places a comment into the a ps or pdf.  Only
one series of comments can be done.
Later I was able to check to comments using psdiff.
It all worked perfectly.  There was a very tight time schedule and I was able
to easily submit the proofs to the author who went to  submit the final version
on time.

flpsed: http://www.ecademix.com/JohannesHofmann/flpsed.html
psdiff: http://www.intermemory.org/pny/software/psdiff/main.html
I used Linux and the flsped is available as a Ubuntu deb package.

Annotating pdf? no excuses now!

cheers

Russell

> On 5/9/07, David L. Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > > Big publishers like O'Reilly (or in the case of my Samba Unleashed, Sams)
take

--
Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.

Julio Rojas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]