Bob Alvarez wrote:
If, as I suspect, Bob wants the space just to keep \noindent from running
into the text, a somewhat simpler solution is

"command-sequence ert-insert; self-insert \noindent{}; char-forward;"

Yes, that is the purpose of the space.
This works but I do not understand the code. Do the braces {} after
\noindent put you back into regular text input mode?

No, you're still in the wonderful world of ERT. When LyX outputs a LaTeX file, stuff in the ERT inset is followed immediately by whatever comes next in the document text. LaTeX will recognize the braces as terminating the \noindent command (and otherwise doing nothing). Without either the braces or a space (or something else terminating the command), if the first word after your ERT inset was "Whatever", LaTeX would see \noindentWhatever and think it was supposed to be a command. I think '\noindent\,' would work just as well, provided that the space it inserts (I forget what size space \, is) was suitable.

/Paul