Irshad Alam schrieb:

Im installing Lyx from lyx.org. for windows. It gives me this error message.

Perhaps you don't have MiKTeX installed or another problem occured.
You can manually run LyX's configure script, but for newbies I recommend to reinstall LyX using the complete version of this installer:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller

Uninstall the existing LyX before you do this. When you have already installed MiKTeX 2.6, uninstall this also. After LyX has been reinstalled, you can again upgrade to MiKTeX 2.6 if necessary.

Post to this list when it still doesn't work.

regards Uwe