Andrew Dolman wrote:
Yes, this is the full detail of the message I get if I try to export to
Latex (Plain), I don't get a crash exporting to odt, it just doesn't produce
a file. I'd like to try running from the command line to see all the error
messages, but I don't know how to do this in Windows (i've run oolatex in
Linux and that worked to find the problem).
Could you please file this at bugzilla.lyx.org? This needs attention. You'll have to sign up for an account first if you don't have one, but that is relatively painless. I'd debug it myself, but I'm not on Windows.

Richard

lyx: Disabling LyX socket.
Warning: Export Warning!
There are spaces in the path to your BibTeX style file.
BibTeX will be unable to find it.
Assertion triggered in __thiscall lyx::support::FileName::FileName(const
class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > &) by failing check "!contains(name_, '\\')" in file
D:\LyX\lyx-1.5.1\src\support\FileName.cpp:49

way.
Completed

Andy.