On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Todd Denniston wrote:

I have done such a beast, therefore it can be done. :)

  Thank you, Todd!

I had to be careful in my C program to properly escape LaTeX special chars
before it wrote the data to MyVariableData.tex, i.e., at least "_", "*"
and "\" become "\_", "{*}" and "\textbackslash{}". There are probably
others you need to look out for like "%" & "@".

  This should not be an issue in our model. The data are extracted from the
database to a Python list (or a list of tuples; analogous to a
two-dimensional array), and I can use indices to extract the strings and
numbers I want.

  There will be plots (created, no doubt, with PSTricks), to be included in
the audit log report of each run. So I expect the templates to be as
inclusive as your example.

in MyVariableData.tex there are lines of the form:
\def\MyFirstVar{{*}Data{*} for Var\_1}

  I do need to better learn programming in LaTeX; this project needs that
increased knowledge.

Hope this helps.

  Yes, it does.

Rich

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)