Neal Becker wrote:
I want to put hyperlinks in my pdf output to syntax highlighted code
listings.  I wonder if anyone can recommend a syntax highlighter that:

1) groks c++ and python (at least)
2) outputs pdf
3) Can number lines
4) Can wrap long lines

I strongly recommend to use the listings package, it can do all of it. You can keep the listings in separate files, that are included in your lyx file. Furthermore, listings provides an "escape to LaTeX" mechanism, which lets you define labels for e.g. identifers or line numbers, so you can hyperref them from your LyX/LaTeX document as any other element.

I don't know about groks, but listings already supports a huge bunch of languages and it is very easy to specify a new one.

Daniel

--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Lohmann (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg