On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 11:17:40 +0000
killermike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 05 January 2008 10:54:19 Anthony Campbell wrote:

> > > Thanks for this. I might be using Lulu with LyX generated content
> > > soon myself. --
> > > http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, writing, music, gender, geek
> > > sitcom etc.
> >
> > I'm thinking of putting together an account of my experience doing
> > this.
> >
> > One tip: the easiest way to submit your text is as a postscript
> > file. This avoids the difficulty of producing a pdf file with
> > properly embedded fonts, which is difficult. Lulu does accept ps
> > files though it doesn't advertise the fact. The book then appears
> > exactly as you have it yourself.
>
> Another great tip. Thanks.

I have done two Lulu books. They are spiral bound and I used

top,bottom: 2.5cm

inner: 2.5cm

outer: 2.0cm

I found this to be very satisfactory, but then I didn't purchase a
distribution package.

I prepared both using pdflatex, and the printed results were good.
However, I think the postscript suggestion is good and is what I would
do next time. The Lulu forums are full of problems with pdf files, and
submitting in postscript avoids all problems.

Cheers,
Alan