Manolo Martínez wrote:
> I'm not sure I've understood your solution: I must copy and paste the
> text of the repeated example and place a crossref before, enclosed by
> two ERT calls, one with an opening bracket, the other with a closing
> bracket. Is that right?

It depends how you insert the covington examples. If you use the layout from
the LinguistLyX wiki page [1], you just have to insert another "Numbered
Example", copy the text from the first example and put in crossref and
bracket in that example, at the beginning of the line.

In LaTeX, the output must look like this:

\begin{examples}
\item First example\label{exa:first}
\item Second example
\end{examples}