I tried the official installer but I got the same problems and more. It will not launch the Acrobat program to show the pdf file when I selection View->PDF (PDFLATEX).

If I open the file manually, the update will fail because LyX cannot write to the file that is open.

No, I am not using Vista 64bit. It is a 32bit version.

Thanks.

Max

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Max Bian schrieb:

I used the alternative installer. Was that the difference?

I'm the author of this installer ;-)
Just joking, here's the difference:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller

It should work on Vista as well. On Vista 64bit editions there are problems with this:

2. If the pdf is open in Acrobat, the update would fail. Is there a way to avoid this?

That I couldn't solve because I don't have access to Vista 64bit.
You could try t reinstall LyX using the other installer, because this use another method of the PDF update but other Vista users reported problems with this installer concerning the way it hides LyX's console window.
Could you please report how it works for you?

regards Uwe