Dear LyX users,

I am in the process of graduating from Windows to Linux.  I installed
LyX 1.5.3 on an Ubuntu Gutsy using the Synaptic Package Manager.

Now it seems that I cannot open any of my old LyX files (<= 1.5.2).
It says that "(Myfile) came from an earlier version of LyX, but
lyx2lyx failed to convert the file."   I found an earlier post from
December that suggested changing

\language default

\language english

but this doesn't work for me because my file already has \language
english.  I checked the top of my file and it says

#LyX 1.4.3-5 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/

\lyxformat 245

Can anyone please help me?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jay

G. Jay Kerns, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor / Statistics Coordinator
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555-0002 USA
Office: 1035 Cushwa Hall
Phone: (330) 941-3310 Office (voice mail)
-3302 Department
-3170 FAX
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~gjkerns/