Paul A. Rubin wrote:
I don't use LNCS myself, but since it ships as a style file rather than a class file, I think you should be able to start a new document in the default article class in LyX and then add '\usepackage{lncs}' to the preamble (Document -> Settings... -> LaTeX Preamble). If there are any special features (rather than just changes to various style parameters), you'll either need to use ERT (plain LaTeX) to invoke them (in which case they may not look right in the GUI, even though they display correctly in the final output) or else cobble together your own layout file (section 5.2 of the Customization manual).

If it's a style file, then you can also copy article.layout to lcns.layout and do this:
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass[article]{article (LNCS)}
Then add whatever you like.

rh