On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Ankur Verma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I just started working on Lyx and found it very helpful in making tex files.
>  I am making a report which I have to submit very urgently.
>
>  The problem I am facing is: There is no effect by clicking on View pdf or
>  Update pdf (or either dvi and ps) buttons. Nothing opens up. When I delete
>  some contents of .lyx file, and then click on these (e.g. View pdf), the pdf
>  document opens up. By this way, I have to delete some content from .lyx file
>  which I dont want to do!
>
>  I would be very glad if somebody could help me out of this problem urgently.

Difficult to judge. Let's start with the obvious: what platform, LyX
version, TeX distribution do you use? Can you post somewhere on the
net the problematic file? What document class do you use? Is there
anything specific about the text you delete? Do you have the same
problem when you simply "File > Export" and then manually open the
resulting, say, .pdf with a PDF viewer?
Liviu