Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Erez Yerushalmi wrote:
(Sorry for sending this again - if I did. I am not sure to which address to
send a question to. Sorry  )
Hi,

I'm a new user to LyX. Just installed LyX 1.5.5 on my Windows XP.
Most of the Greek Fonts such as \alpha \beta \gamma etc. come out on screen
as a red empty box.
However, viewing the page as PDF gives me the correct fonts.

I have latex-xft fonts and Bakoma fonts installed on my pc.

Can anyone help?

You have both latex-xft and Bakoma installed under XP? Unless I'm missing something, you should need only the Bakoma fonts. The empty box thing usually is a problem with the fonts, and at least with older versions of LyX it was not unheard of for the fonts to get "broken" somehow on XP. Try the following:

1.  Grab a copy of the Bakoma archive and unzip it somewhere.
2. Use the Windows font applet (Control Panel) to delete the eight fonts in the Bakoma archive, assuming they're installed.
3.  Then use the font applet to install the unzipped files.
4.  Restart LyX and hope for the best.

No, don't do that, LyX already bundle modified Bakoma fonts. Just do steps 1, 2 and 4 but not 3.

Abdel.