I need a little rudimentary help. It's been a while since I did a fresh
install of LyX.

I just tried to install the newest LyX via the LyXWinInstaller on a new
WinXP Pro box and hit a glitch. Everything went just fine until LyX opened
the command window to check configuration before opening the program the
first time (the "this may take a while" part). It carried on but stalled at
checking for document class 'mwrep' for a long, long time. I closed the
window, LyX opened about 10 minutes later (unexpectedly), and I got an error
message. I closed, reopened, ran Configure, closed, and re-opened, and all
looks OK. I feel like I should be concerned that something did not complete
and that I should uninstall and try again.

Any advice?

-----
David Hewitt
Research Fishery Biologist, USGS Klamath Falls Field Station (Oregon, USA)
-and-
Student, Virginia Institute of Marine Science
http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt/