Hi, all,
        I just installed Lyx 1.5.5 (5/12/2008) on vista. The CJK I used is
4.5.2. Miktex is 2.4.1769.
        I want to config Lyx to use Chinese. First, in the tab
"Document"->"settings"->" language ", I changed "language" to
"Chinese(simplified)", and "Encoding" to "GBK". When I created a Lyx document
and viewed its latex source, I found Lyx has added "\usepackage{CJK} " in
preamble, and added "\begin{CJK}{GBK}{}%" and "\end{CJK}" in the beginning and
the ending of the document. It seems work. But the only problem is that, the
second argument for font is null. If I changed {} to "kai", then I can use
latex to get the correct PDF with Chinese characters.
        My question is how to change the commands Lyx adds to what I want. In
fact, I prefer to use "\begin{CJK*}{GBK}{kai}" and "\end{CJK*}".
        Thanks!

        Best wishes,
                              Sincerely yours,
                              Yaoguang Wei