Steve Litt wrote:
On Tuesday 19 August 2008 13:16, Olivier Ripoll wrote:

[...]

Olivier

Ohhhhh,

Maybe I do understand it. Is a layout module just a chunk of debugged LyX/LaTeX code that would normally go in a layout file, and gets included in the layout file by reference? So you could mix and match layout modules to get a more granular modularization, similar to #include in C?

That's how I understand it. I hope there will be more docs written on this topic after 1.6 is out.

So is it a way to write once, use many times? Is it a way to use known-debugged LyX/LaTeX code? And is it a way for all of us to trade debugged and tested code without throwing in every silly little feature we put in our book?

I think so. At least that's how I see them. But developers and experts might see a bigger picture and envision other uses for the modules. As I said, I am a basic (stupid) user.

Best regards,

Olivier

Thanks

SteveT