Hello,

I would like to set up a directory with little snippets to insert in LyX
documents. These "snippets" are small .lyx files located, let's say, in
~/LyXsnippets. I would like my menu and toolbar entries to be portable
(different users, different OSes). That's why I don't use
/Users/phgrosjean/LyXsnippets (on my Mac) for instance. Unfortunately, it
seems that the "file-insert" command does not expand ~, and it cannot use
environment variables too.

So, how can I do that? Any hint?

Also, there is problem with the slash in the name of the toolbar button icon
under Windows. I suppose I should use a .def file and the "call" command,
but I cannot make it run. Any hint welcome too.

I use LyX 1.5.6 under Mac OS X 10.4 / Windows XP sp2 / Ubuntu Hardy Heron.

Thanks,

Philippe Grosjean