Uwe Stöhr schrieb:

I've no other explanation than that you haven't correctly installed the document class to MiKTeX.

I know now what your problem is. You are using LyX 1.6.0RC3, but the layout file you can download from the Wiki page, is for LyX 1.5.x and not for LyX 1.6. (I designed it after RC3 was released and in the meantime we changed the layout file format and the needed conversions scripts are therefore not in RC3.
With the next LyX 1.6 test release we ship a ACM-layout that works for LyX 1.6.

So it should work when you use lyX 1.5.6.

regards Uwe