Helge Hafting wrote:
I see a lot of word/oo documents, and some faults repeat all the time:

* The section heading as the last item on a page. Other word processors
  don't seem to prevent this, it is up to the user instead.

This is in large part because people don't use Styles. Most of the heading styles have a "Keep with next paragraph" type setting.

But then, of course, there are other issues, such as the infamous Word footnote bug that, from what I can tell, still persists in some places.

Errors seen occationally:

* Errors in the TOC. Strange that this is possible at all.

Let me add:

* Inconsistent reference format and missing bibliography items.

Yes, you can pay through the nose for Endnote or whatever, but people don't, and it's not properly integrated.

Richard