> Waluyo Adi Siswanto wrote:
> > I installed 1.6.0 in Ubuntu 8.04, but I cannot view pdf the
> > documentations "UserGuide" and "EmbeddedObjects". Lyx List error window
> > will pop up with no information at all in Errors box nor Description
> > box.
>
> 1. Is there any output on the console?
no output, only the LyX list error window with blank contents

> 2. Could you post the content of Document->LaTeX Log?
yes the following, I found this error.

! LaTeX Error: File `ltcaption.sty' not found.
Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.

==
For your information, now my LyX 1.5.5 behaves similar thing, but it pop
up in the screen: LaTeX Error: File `ltcaption.sty' not found. I can
open the Users Guide in this version.

Thank you for your help