In Ubuntu 8.10 I'm running Lyx 1.6.1.  In Noweb documents, I notice
the problem that the typewriter font does not show double quotes.
They show as black boxes, as you can see in some example output.

http://pj.freefaculty.org/latex/foo.pdf

Until I find the problem in the weaving process that causes this, I
want to just eliminate all use of the typewriter font--whenever a lyx
environment calls for typewriter, I'd substitute sans serif or
something.  (Actually, I only need to replace `` and '' from the
typewriter family, but don't know if that is simpler.).

I've learned that I CAN hack the font setting in the lyxcode in the LyX file

lyxmacros.inc

to change the ttfamily to sffamily, but I don't like that answer so
much because it changes lyxcode for all classes.

Is there a way I can, in the document itself, tell the Lyx-Code
environment not to use typwriter font?

I guess I need to change all environments that might invoke the typewriter font.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science