On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:28 AM, John Schulman <jos...@caltech.edu> wrote:
> I try to install Lyx 1.6.1 from the Mac OS X binary, and when I run
> the Lyx-installer I get the following error:
> AppleScript Error
> sh: python: command not found
>
> I definitely have python installed. My default version is from the
> enthought distribution (not the original Leopard installation)
> 'which python' typed into bash returns
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python

And that's a path you probably don't have set for sh (as opposed to
bash), which is why you're getting the error.

The installer presupposes that you have default installations of tools
like python. You can either create a link for python in a folder
within your sh path or add your installation of python to the sh path
before running the installer.

Bennett