On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Vitalie S. wrote:

Dear Lyx users,

Is there a way to bind a key to the cross-reference dialog in LyX? Functions like label-insert,citation-insert,index-insert are present but ref-insert is not (but apparently existed in versions previous to 1.4).

The same question for math-functions like ins,lim,inf,arccos etc. Are lfuncs available to insert them or mouse-menu way is the only one at hand?

Many Thanks,
Vitalie.

Hi,
yes, some of the lfun names have changed over time. For cross- references, you now have to invoke the lengthy command "dialog-show- new-inset ref"... In LyX 1.6.x you can find these function names by searching in the Preferences > Editing > Shortcuts panels. For math, you can always enter the LaTeX commands such as \lim, \arccos, ... and you can also define a shortcut for such a function by binding a key to "math-insert \arccos" if you want (e.g., I'm glad that I have a shortcut for long commands like \varepsilon).

Also have a look at
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyxFunctions

Jens